With “shared account” service, you can purchase a single internet package and share it with your family and friends.
The “shared account” service is mostly helpful to families, groups or individuals with a high internet usage or using internet on multiple devices such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops and modems. By having a share account, your friends and family members won’t need to purchase separate packages; you can share a single package with all of them and even assign a specific amount of traffic to each person, based on their usage and needs.
Some of the benefits of a high speed shared internet account
- Sharing a single monthly internet package between 10 users (persons or devices).
- Sharing your internet without any drop in your speed.
- Reducing internet usage costs by sharing one package with others.
- Managing each member’s usage limit (defining the usage limit for every user in your shared account)
- Sharing your internet package regardless of time and place.
- Creating and sharing a cash account (with adjustable cash-usage limit for each user)
- Automatic service activation by purchasing packages
- Viewing the limitations and the amount of usage by each user
- Using mobile internet on different devices (mobile phone, tablet, …)
How to buy and use a shared internet account
You can begin using a shared account with anyone without at any time and in any place. All you need to do is assign a user as the “provider”, who will share the internet package between your family members, friends or other MTN Irancellers.
You can also visit the Shared Internet Packages Online Shopping page to view all the Shared Account Packages.
How to activate and purchase a shared internet account package
To purchase and activate a shared account, you can take one of the following steps :
- Open MyIrancell App > Go to MyIrancell Services > Select “Shared Account” > Select your desired package > Click “Activate” on the pop-up page > Select the payment method on the next page > View “Your package is successfully activated” and confirm it.
- First dial *400*3# to activate your service, then choose and buy your desired package by dialing *400*1*1#.
How to deactivate a shared internet account package
In order to deactivate your account, take one of the following steps:
- Open MyIrancell App > Go to MyIrancell Services > Select “Shared Account” > Click on “Deactivate” > Confirm your request in the next page.
- Dial *400*1*5#
How to add new users to a shared account
You can add new users to a shared account using one of the following ways:
- Open MyIrancell App > Go to MyIrancell Services > Select “Shared Account” > Select “Add User”> Enter the desired number in the related field and click on the “Add” button > Confirm your request in the next page > View and confirm the message “Your request to add a new user has been submitted”.
- Dial *400*1*2*1# and add a new user.
How to specify the internet usage of your users in shared accounts
Open MyIrancell App > Go to MyIrancell Services > Select “Shared Account” > Click on “View Details” for the related user > Specify their usage by moving the ranger bar or entering any desired number in the opened page > Click “Update for the selected user” to apply the changes.
On the “View Usage Details” page, you can remove traffic limits for any user by selecting “Unlimited traffic allocation”.
How to increase or decrease user traffic limits in shared accounts
If the data traffic limit set for one of your users has been reached and they need more data, you can increase the user’s data traffic by resetting their usage record, or setting a new usage limit. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open MyIrancell App > Go to MyIrancell Services > Select “Shared Account” > Click “View Usage Details” for the related user > Select “Internet (MB)” > Click on “Reset Selected User”> View the message “Request to reset data usage was successfully submitted” in the next page and confirm it.
How to delete a user in a Shared Internet Account
• Open MyIrancell App > Go to MyIrancell Services > Select “Shared Account” > Click the “Trash Bin” beside the number you wish to remove > View the message “User removal request has been submitted” in the next page and confirm it.