This free service is dedicated to those subscribers with speech disorders, hearing loss or impairment. By activating this service, they can notify their callers to send a text message to them instead of a voice call. The voice or text their callers receive will be suggesting the message below:
“Hello, you’ve called a person with hearing loss/impairment. I’d appreciate if you can send a text message so that I can reply to you.”
Hearing Impaired Service Activation
- To activate the voice service for the hearing impaired, send 44 to 7575.
- To activate the text service for the hearing impaired, send deaf to 8585.
Hearing Impaired Service Deactivation
- To deactivate the voice service for the hearing impaired, send 921584 (space) HZ to 7575.
- To deactivate the text service for the hearing impaired, send 0 to 8585.
- The text messages sent for this service are free of charge.