MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) enables you to send long texts, pictures and even music to other MTN Irancell subscribers. Any message including pictures, audio files or texts with a maximum size of 300KB is considered one multimedia message. Using Long Message option in MMS, you are no longer restricted to 160 character limit and can easily send a long text in one message.
- The tariff for sending messages will be 19.9 Tomans for prepaid and postpaid users.
MMS is only a few steps away!
Make sure you to follow these steps:
- Have an MMS compatible handheld device
- Refer to one of the authorized MTN Irancell stores with your valid ID card and a copy of them, fill in the relevant form and submit your request.
- Deliver the filled form with a copy of your identification documents on which you have written your MTN Irancell mobile phone number to the authorized MTN Irancell store.
- Once you have received the configurations SMS, you only need to open and save it. If you haven’t received or saved the configurations SMS, dial *555*4*1# from your MTN Irancell line.
Some considerations for using MMS
- Upon the activation of MMS, you can send multimedia messages to other MTN Irancell subscribers.
- If the receiving handheld device is not MMS compatible, a web address will be sent to the receiving device along with a password so that the receiver can see the message via internet.
- Furthermore, MTN Irancell subscribers can send an MMS directly to the receiver’s email address.
How is SMS different from MMS?
Using SMS, you can only send text messages with each SMS up to 160 characters; while with MMS you can send text, image and video files all in one message for at most 300 Kilo bites.