Pre-paid to Post-paid SIM Card Conversion Terms and Conditions
In order to Convert their Pre-paid to Post-paid SIM Cards within Irancell Network, subscribers are required to accept and observe the following terms and conditions:
1-1 “Airtime”: means the credit in Rials or the package which could be used by subscribers within Irancell Network, based on which Irancell enables the subscribers to use Network Services to the specified limit.
The said Airtime is further classified into categories as follows:
1-1-1 WOW Airtime: Irancell Pre-paid subscribers can use WOW to receive extra airtime, in addition to the normal airtime earned by the amounts paid by them. In fact, using this method, subscribers may, by paying the same amount, increase their Airtime, more than the normal amount; however the Airtime has an expiry date and the subscribers should reach their full credit, once the Airtime is activated, within the specified period of time,
1-1-2 “Bolt-on Packs”: These packs, known as Bolt-on, are comprised of a combination of various services including voice call, high speed mobile Internet, SMS and …; Bolt-on Packs are accessible upon activation and payment of applicable charges.
1-2 “Pre-paid SIM Card” refers to a type of SIM card the charges of using which is paid in advance by the subscriber to Irancell. The services provided for this type of SIM card are available so long as the subscriber has sufficient airtime in his/her account.
1-3 “Post-paid SIM Card” refers to a type of SIM card that the charges of using its services is paid by the subscriber on a periodical basis subsequent to using those services.
1.4. “Porting”: A process by which the subscriber can switch to another operator without the need to change mobile number.2- EXPENSES
2.1. The charges associated with Pre-paid to Post-paid SIM Card Conversion shall be based on the price of the Post-paid SIM. The subscriber should note that the aforementioned charges are collected for using Pre-paid to Post-paid SIM Conversion Service and will not be refunded.
2.2. In the event the subscriber applies to change the method by which he/she pays for services from Pre-paid to Post-paid, he/she is required to send the request for changing the subscription type using the methods provided by Irancell which are announced in different ways and are accessible through Irancell’s website. The subscriber is also required to accept Pre-paid to Post-paid SIM Card Conversion Terms and Conditions and pay the relevant charges through one of the methods communicated by Irancell.
Note: In case the payment plan is changed by the subscriber, all the Value Added Services transferred to the new plan will be calculated on the basis of the new tariff.3 – Pre-paid to Post-paid SIM Card Conversion for the ported subscribers
It is possible for the owners of other operators Pre-paid SIM cards who have ported their number to Irancell Network to use Pre-paid to Post-paid SIM Card Conversion Service. In this respect, the subscribers are required to consider the following items:
· Based on the current procedure and the instructions notified by the CRA, in the event that the subscriber intends to port back to the previous operator or port to another operator, upon converting his/her Pre-paid to Post-paid SIM Card, he/she is required to return the SIM Card to its default status so as to be allowed to request for the service.
· In case of returning the SIM Card to its default status, Bolt-on Packs which have been previously activated on the SIM cannot be transferred and thus will be revoked.
· The process of converting Post-paid back to Pre-paid SIM Card to port from Irancell to another network will be carried out by Irancell in the shortest possible time. However, the subscriber should be aware that his/her SIM Card might become deactivated for no more than 48 hours.
· To start the above mentioned process, the subscriber will be obliged to pay all the outstanding debts related to the Post-paid SIM Card.
· Before applying for conversion of the SIM Card back to Pre-paid status, the subscriber should use all the purchased Bolt-ons whether time-restricted or volume-based. As soon as the SIM is converted back to Pre-paid status, the time-restricted or volume-based packages will not be transferred to the SIM card which is converted to new status and MTN IRANCELL shall not be obliged to compensate the Subscriber therefor.
· In case an amount is paid by the subscriber as payment guarantee and SIM Card credit limit increase, during the time he/she is using Post-paid SIM Card and the request for converting back to Prepaid SIM, in order to port from Irancell Network is made by the same, the said amount could be refunded to the applicant. However a separate request should be sent to Irancell in writing and Irancell will be entitled to deduct all the subscriber’s debts against the said guarantee.4 – General Provisions:
1-4 The subscriber is required to carefully review his/her address before submitting the request for Pre-paid to Post-paid SIM Card Conversion. Any subsequent communication with the subscriber will be made via the address announced by the same. In the event that an incorrect address is announced by the subscriber, he/she will be held responsible and no objection will be accepted in this regard.
4.2. Subscriber’s information including ID Card Number and … Should be recorded at Irancell website, completely. In case of failure to provide proper information by the subscriber, the request for Pre-paid to Post-paid SIM Card Conversion will be rejected by Irancell. As a result, before applying for SIM card conversion, the subscriber should ensure that the information recorded for the Prepaid SIM Card is correct.
4.3. The charges associated with using the SIM card will be calculated as Post-paid subscribers, upon receipt of the application for Pre-paid to Post-paid SIM Card Conversion. However this process will take time within all Irancell systems. The end of the said process will be communicated to the subscribers via SMS. The subscriber should take into consideration that during this time, due to the fact that conversion process is still in progress, data usage will be calculated based on the out-of-bundle tariff. In order to prevent from this issue, the subscriber should wait to receive the related SMS. Otherwise no claims in this respect shall be heard.
4.4. The remaining balance of the subscriber’s Pre-paid SIM Card and the main Bolt-on Packs will be transferred to the Post-paid SIM. WOW Airtime is also included in this case. However, WOW Airtime which is provided to the subscriber as a gift, Roaming Packages, Promotional Plans and customized Combo Packages such as Boom+ will not be transferred.
Note: All the Night Packs which are transferred from Pre-paid to Post-Paid SIM Card, notwithstanding their previous status, may only be used between 2-8 AM.
4.5. Some packages or credits may be granted by Irancell to the subscriber whose SIM Card is converted to Post-paid status. Evidently, Irancell is not responsible for granting those mentioned gifts and it is authorized to change the amount of packages and their credit and even refuse to grant them to the subscribers. The subscriber will not be entitled to make any objection in this respect.
4.6. In case the subscriber uses shared internet packages, it will be impossible for him/her to request for Pre-paid to Post-paid SIM Card Conversion. In order to use Pre-paid to Post-paid SIM Card Conversion plan, the subscriber should first take the required actions to deactivate these packages. It should be emphasized that in case shared internet packages are deactivated, the remaining credit balance will be nullified and will not be refunded.
4.7. Subscribers will not have the option to convert their Post-paid SIM Cards back to Pre-paid status, upon using Pre-paid to Post-paid SIM Card Conversion plan. In other words, Pre-paid to Post-paid SIM Card Conversion is an irrevocable process based on which as soon as the request for receiving the Service is made by the subscriber, the process associated with converting Pre-paid to Post-paid SIM Card will be started and the received charges will not be refundable.
Note: Provisions under this Clause do not include the ported subscribers who intend to port back to another network from Irancell. However the charges collected from these subscribers for Pre-paid to Post-paid SIM Card Conversion will not be refundable.
4.8. Upon Pre-paid to Post-paid SIM Card Conversion, the relationship between Irancell and the subscriber will be governed by all the provisions under Post-paid Subscribers Contract